Below you will find a list of commonly asked questions. Please feel free to use the form to ask any questions you do not see in our list of FAQ’s.[accordion] [spoiler title=”How do I pair my QF-1 quadcopter with a different Mimix controller?”]
- Unplug the battery for the QF-1. Power on the Mimix.
- Hold down the blue button on the bottom of the Mimix until the LED is flashing white.
- Position the Mimix within 1 meter of the QF-1 to which you want to pair.
- Plug in the battery for the QF-1.
- The LED on the QF-1 will turn a solid team color and Mimix will match that color and begin pulsing.
This indicates pairing was successful.[/spoiler] [spoiler title=”How do I change the canopy on my QF-1?”]
The canopy simply snaps on and off for easy replacement.
- Gently pinch and pull outward on the canopy near the motor to release the canopy from it’s catch.
- Carefully lift the canopy off the frame.
Spare canopies, batteries and rotors will be available at your retailer or online at our online store which will be coming soon.[/spoiler] [spoiler title=”How do I replace the rotors on my QF-1?”]
While they may look the same, there are two kinds of rotors on the QF-1. One rotates clockwise and the other rotates counter clockwise.
- Look for the “X” and the “O” on the end of the rotor shaft and on the underside of the arm on the QF-1.
- Always match the “X” and the “O” on the arm with the “X” and the “O” on the rotor.
- After you have the correct rotor simply pull the old rotor off and carefully push on a new rotor being careful not to bend the motor shaft or push too hard to damage the motor.
When new and fully charged, the QF-1 replaceable Power Cell will last 6-8 minutes depending on how aggressively you fly. The Mimix internal battery will last 2-3 hours before it needs to be recharged. The QF-1 replaceable Power Cell may take up to 90 minutes to recharge completely. The Mimix may take up to 60 minutes.
Either battery can be operated safely after a partial charge. The QF-1 replaceable Power Cell will be about 90% charged after 70 minutes.
Consider buying additional QF-1 replaceable Power Cells and chargers so you can always have one charged and ready for action from our online store which will be coming soon.[/spoiler] [spoiler title=”When do I need to recharge the battery?”]
When the replaceable battery is getting low you will see the QF-1 flashing quickly and hear a warning tone from the Mimix. Land quickly or the QF-1 will enter it’s pre-programmed landing and shutdown sequence.
When the Mimix internal battery is getting low you will hear a different warning tone from the Mimix.[/spoiler] [spoiler title=”How do I know I’m shooting and scoring?”]
Your Mimix will flash white and you will hear a shooting sound when you pull the trigger. When you hit an opponent, their QF-1 and Mimix will flash your team color and they will hear an explosion.
Remember, you must be on a different team from your opponent (no friendly fire) and you need to be above and pointed at them to score! After 3 hits the damaged QF-1 will be forced to land for 10 seconds before being allowed to re-enter the game.[/spoiler] [/accordion]